Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all the chapter’s marketing, communications, community and public relations efforts to advance the Make-A-Wish events and initiatives in order to fulfill the organization’s vision of granting the wish of every medically-eligible child.
The Marketing and Communications Specialist works with the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop the organization’s varied and integrated marketing and communications plans, products and services including; media and community outreach, special event and fundraising collateral and communications, donor stewardship recognition, mission delivery outreach and support, brand management, marketing collateral, advertising, social media, website management, etc.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MARKETING AND SPECIAL EVENT SUPPORT
• Serve as the lead designer and producer of all event collateral including but not limited to invitations, programs, billboards, T-shirts, banners, websites, emails, newsletters, signage, postcards, posters, awards
• Develop and produce collateral for fundraising initiatives including Fund-A-Wish, planned giving, individual giving circle
• Create and manage weekly newsletters for fundraising initiatives including Wish It Forward, Trailblaze Challenge, W.I.S.H. Society
• Create and update collateral for development team to ensure brand compliance and consistency: events, sponsorship opportunities, Fund-A-Wish, individual giving, planned giving opportunities
• Evaluate and assist with cause related marketing programs
• Work with event lead to create a communications timeline for each event and integrate into chapter communications calendar
• Integrate social media posts for event participation and recruitment into chapter social media calendar
• Integrate recruitment emails, electronic save the dates, evites and event reminders into overall chapter email communications calendar
• Make event related adjustments to the chapter website including creating calendar of event pages, updating content and evaluating design
• Assist Marketing and Communications Manager on communication materials as needed
• Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to prepare and order office stewardship materials including thank you letters and postcards
• Recognizing donors and sponsors on communication materials including website, social media, newsletters, and press materials when appropriate
• Assist with annual appreciation events including creating invitations, sending emails, designing PowerPoint slides and designing cards for holiday treats
• Create event websites to encourage online fundraising and activation
• Work with Marketing and Communications Manager to manage all reviews and messages via social media and connect with respective staff members as needed
• Work with development team to identify and create more intuitive means to donate online
• Ensure that all collateral is driving traffic to website
• Work with Marketing & Communications Manager to produce event related videos and photography
• Serve as point of contact for video projects including event sponsor thank you videos, W.I.S.H. Society Honoree introduction videos, Trailblaze Challenge promo and recruitment videos and more
• Identify opportunities to further enhance our photography and video strategy for events and initiatives
NATIONAL CORPORATE PARTNERS
• Manage social media, marketing and awareness for national campaigns
• Work with Mission Delivery department and Development Coordinator position to fulfill local activation of National Partners
• Work with National staff on enterprise-wide National partner communication campaigns including Disney and Macy’s
• BA or BS Degree in graphic design, public relations or marketing. Candidate must have at least 1-2 years’ experience.
• Extremely creative with a passion for design and typography and the ability to communicate a message to target audiences with high visual impact.
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented professional with excellent writing, organizational and interpersonal skills required. Ability to work independently and as part of a team a must.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks, deadlines, budgets, priorities and delegation.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office; working knowledge of HTML/CSS and video editing software a plus.
• Ability to interact with diverse groups and willingness to work occasional evening and weekend hours as required.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
• Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Social Media platforms
To Apply, contact: