Charlotte Mecklenburg Library
Marketing Communications Specialist - Focus: Program Management, Strategy and Data
- Alignment and reporting of data analytics, dashboards and programs
- Editorial content and advertising planning, calendars and programs
- Oversight and promotion of community partner programs
- Digital branch/digital commons promotions
- Program promotion, social media alignment
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Focus: Strategy and program management, data analytics
· Increase usage of Library program and events through support of strategic marketing communications plan.
· Assist with development of M&C strategy and plan to meet KPIs, manage budgets.
· Manage and align Orange Boy and Google data/analytics to provide focus and guidance on promotions; manage monthly reporting of data and metrics. Use data analytics to provide strategic recommendations for content and messaging.
· Create and develop program and promotion management for digital branch/community branch.
· Manage oversight of content calendar for system-wide communication tools (website, print pieces, etc.)
· Develop and maintain editorial content calendar and advertising plan.
· Develop plan to support and promote community partner activities – ONE Access, 64U Books for Kids, Community Read, EpicFest, etc. - and create components
· Create and maintain overall advertising placement plan/budget for all Tiered programs.
· Supplement design and video projects, as needed.
· Maintain and review all templates, support materials.
· Lead, develop and/or support Tier I and II program promotions, as needed
· Collaborate with Community Bundle.
· Manage Communications Intern.
· Work with M&C Leader to select vendors, manage contract professionals and vendors.
· Participate in local, state and national professional organizations.
· Degree in marketing, communications or related field
· Knowledge of marketing, public relations and communications 5-7 years of experience
· Knowledge of data analytics and ability to report in a clear, concise manner.
· Skill in writing for multiple formats
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Ability to lead and manage staff
· Knowledge of design principles
· Knowledge of social media trends and best practices
· Knowledge/skill with the following software: Microsoft office products (including Office 365, Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.), Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Professional, Adobe Cloud, Photoshop, etc.), media monitoring, social media publishing, etc.
Characteristics (soft skills):
· Highly organized – can manage multiple projects
· Excellent writer
· Detail oriented
· Able to think past barriers and find solutions
· Can shift from tactical to strategic as needed