Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all organizational marketing and communications, both internal and external. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for the organization as it relates to marketing, communication and public relations. Coordinates at a tactical and strategic level with other functions within the organization.
MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS AND PUBLIC RELATIONS
• Create, implement and measure the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the organization’s image and position within the marketplace and the public.
• Facilitate internal and external communications.
• Execute all organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, etc.
• Ensure consistent articulation and use of organization’s desired brand, throughout the organization and to all audiences.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all organization materials including print and electronic assets.
• Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
• Act as the organization’s representative with the media. Prepare Executive Director and other appointed media representatives for media interviews and appearances.
• Oversee regular and relevant market research. Monitor trends.
• Lead projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events and campaigns.
• Create and implement social media strategy to include content calendar and management of responses.
• Manage and update the organization’s website.
• Generate media exposure through community relationships; maximizing pro-bono opportunities where able.
• Provide leadership and oversight to all critical marketing, communications and public relations processes.
PLANNING AND BUDGETING
• Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Director of Development.
• Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives.
• Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
• Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, as well as the education community and use this information to help the organization operate with initiative and innovation.
• Produce and analyze data and reports as needed for the Management Team and Board of Directors.
• Participate, lead (when necessary) and attend community and agency-appropriate meetings.
• Provide leadership and direction to the Marketing Committee.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or English.
• Proven track record with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing,
communications and public relations activities to include media relations, social media and digital
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Experience developing and managing budgets.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and working with
• Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite as well as Adobe InDesign.
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to meet associated deadlines.
• An entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence with a bias for action.
• Strong network of community connections to include local and regional media.
• Direct experience with non-profit communication, marketing and public relations.
• Direct experience with special event speaker preparation to include the organization’s clients,
employees and volunteers.
• Photograph and video production is a plus.
Candidates Please Email: email@example.com